Tuesday 14 August 2012

Angel Keen~

 Hello!:)) I've had some feedback that the beauty products post was useful:)) Glad that it helped! And a reader requested for a makeup post after that so here it is!:)

Well actually i don't really use makeup unless its for special occasions like weddings n stuff, but i hope this post helps somehow!

Just a compilation of the products i use/recommend:)

Foundation/Base:
Benefit Hello Flawless! 
Maybelline Clear Mineral BB Cream
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer


My fav out of the three is still the Maybelline BB Cream haha. It gives me brighter, fairer, moist dewy skin:) And it has SPF 26. Oh and its the cheapest out of the three haha. The clinique one is okay too but it doesn't stay matte for as long as the Maybelline one. As for the Benefit Hello Flawless, it gives good coverage and has mattifying properies, but i think the shade i chose is wrong for me so:/ But its the best powder compact brand i have used ;) However, if you prefer dewy looking skin, i would recommend BB creams:)


Blush/Bronzer:

Yadah Angel Liptint (I use it as a Cheek tint)
MAC Blusher in Peachykeen
MAC Blusher in Well Dressed
ELF Bronzer
Benefit 10 (Highlight+Contour)


Okay my fav makeup product has to be blushers/bronzers!! xD Thats why my collection of it is bigger than the other products ;) Yadah's angel liptint( it works better as a cheek tint imo) is the best tint i have used so far:) I like it even better than benetint, becos the colour for this one is extracted from tomatoes, a natural source:) Its colour is buildable, blendable and it gives a very natural look. For powder blush, my favs are MAC Peachykeen and Well Dressed:) Peachykeen is of cos, a more peachy shade but i realized it turns abit brownish after awhile, which gives a more contoured look. Well dressed on the other hand is pink~ A girly sweet pink which suits fairer skin tones;) 

Bronzer wise it'll be the ELF one:) Its cheap and good;) Oh and it has abit of sparkles for a brighter look, but not over the top:) I bought Benefit 10 on impulse in America, but it turned out ok too:) Its effects are alright after blending, but if you are the lazy type, stick to normal blushers/bronzers:)

Eye Makeup:

NYX 10 Eyeshadow Palette in Catwalk 04
Majorlica Majorca Mascara (Lash King)
KATE Concealer
Majorlica Majorca Brown Eyeliner
NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl
MAC Eyeshadow in White Jeanius


Eye products~:) My neccessities are basically concealer and eyeshadow for this lot. I'm not very adventurous with eyeshadow and tend to stick to browns cos it more or less defines in a subtle way which i like:) Highly recommend NYX's palette as shown above! Its pigmented and its colours are very wearable, not to mention prices are good:) Oh and i use the lightest shade to highlight the inner corners of my eyes, makes them look more energetic and brighter, do try it! KATE Concealer is also a must for me cos i have dark circles >< I can't say whether its good or not though, cos i have been using this one product only, no basis for comparison~

I only use mascara on photoshoot days, other days i'll just curl my lashes cos its already quite long:) Oh and im not an eyeliner person, black eyeliner is a no-no for me, at least at this age. It makes me look goth. :/ For days where i need added definition i'll use a brown pencil liner instead, like the Majorlica Majorca one above:)

Oh and other than browns, i like silver shimmery eyeshadows as well, the NYX and MAC ones are my favs:) The MAC one doesn't have long staying power though:O

Tools:

ELF Complexion Brush
Sephora Blush Brush
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

 Tools! My die die must haves: Elf complexion brush + Shu Uemura curler.
The elf brush is really a multi purpose one, i use it for blush, bronzer and loose powder. Its great, nuff said:)
And im sure you guys must be familiar with the famous and highly raved Shu Uemura curler, it really works. I hold it in place for 35 seconds or so and voila lashes stay in place the whole day:) And the curl is really nice ;) The sephora brush is good too, but abit on the pricey side of cos, still prefer the elf one ;)

Special Mention:
 Korres Mineral Setting Powder


I have combination skin which means that my T-zone is prone to oiliness. So this loose powder mattifies it:) And it has very fine shimmer which is really pretty! It acts as a subtle highlight imo and makes my face brighter:) Love this setting powder!

Makeup on days which i have photoshoots (no editing or whatsoever done):



Yups, hope this makeup post has been useful to some!<3 Formspring me at the side bar if you have any queries:)

Also, The Banana Party has launched a new collection! Do head over to their site and show some love ;)

I'm super in love with this collection's pics! Here are some of my favs:





 Ultimate fav pic!!!:
 Most items are left with last pieces so do head over and grab one for yourself! ;D

Short reviews +OTDS:

HVV Summer Island Dress in Navy XS







Review: This dress is OOS on site and there is a reason why :) Well firstly the cutting is really good! There is underwire at the waist, hips area for a flared and more structured cutting, so it is slimming in a sense. Material is good as well, non sheer at all, pretty thick:) Oh and the stripes are quite nice, though not everyone can do stripes? Thats why i sold mine off alr:) But if you can carry off stripes, this is quite a pretty dress to own!

OTD:
CWC Kaia Crop Top in White XS
TTR  Swish it! Asymmetrical skirt in buttercup, S




Wore this combi for a day out in Sentosa with my bestie:) Its windy there so the skirt really swishes and it looks quite nice:) I've reviewed both items before alr at here(cwc) and here(TTR) :)  Oh yes can i just say that the CWC Crop top has to be one of the best basics ever?:) It goes so well with anything! And its super comfy<3

hehe okay bye! Musical is officially starting, so wish me luck :D

No comments:

Post a Comment