Saturday 23 March 2013

Swan Lake

Hello! Am finally blogging about my Germany/Austria trip which i went during the december hols! Way backdated lol, but thats cos i had to finish the US trip series first :)

So here we are all excited at the Munich airport!:) Pardon the blur pic i forgot to press the focus button -_-


There's a local supermarket right outside the arrival hall so we rushed there to stock up on some local snacks!:) Prices were (unexpectedly) very reasonable:) Thought everything would be ex since its at the airport!
While the rest of the fam were  busy sourcing for food, i was staring at this pair of white fluffy socks!! Its superly soft can :D I was sooo tempted to buy them haha. Very shiok to wear them at night to sleep cos Munich was really cold :(
Aww everything is packaged so nicely there:) Wait till i post the Christmas market pics! All the stuff are gorgeous x.x
& here we arrived at our first stop! One of the castles of King Ludwig II :) He's known as the "mad king" cos of his obssession with castles which people thought to be impractical, but look at the revenue it brings in now huh ;) I think  throughout this trip i went to like 4 of his castles lolol, and the entrance fee is not v cheap :x
Photobombed by a yellow man!
It snowed the moment we arrived in Munich, so everyone was pretty excited:) But it also continued to snow for the rest of the trip everyday, which was like, 10 more days to go lol.
We didn't go into the castle itself cos it was closed during the winter period :/ But I didn't miss out on anything cos i already went there in 2011 for a choir competition:) We had sightseeing too so quite alot of places i went during this trip with my family were repeated sights, minus the snow. :)




OOTD taken by momsie!:)
Scarf from F21
Boots from taiwan
Skirt from FOX
Navy Blue Cable Knit Top from Topshop
Winter coat (my own, sourced from my supplier) :)
& there were lotsa swans and duckies :) They were there too when i visited in 2011:)
Wa i quite like this shot leh, artistic ma?:) lolol
Photos taken with my SONY NEX F3 camera:)
Sooo next stop was the BMW museum! Not really my thing but you know, it was warm there so i didn't mind haha. And they had a cafe with nice food!! And really good white chocolate tiramisu -drools-

I liked this car the most hehe, so tiny and cute! But not very practical huh. This design is one of the BMW vintage series prob.
Selca in the beautiful scenic snow filled land <3


In the background is their famous museum, like those you see in World Cup soccer tournaments:)
Oh yes, this one then is full otd lolol. Bag from Samantha Vega! I'm so glad i chose this bag to bring there cos its big and roomy, not too heavy (made of leather) and most importantly the shade of lilac is so gorgeous and matches all my outfits :D -happy!-
Sibling shot:)

There were strong winds that day!

omggg photobombed by the bro lolol
Oh, and did i mention the sky gets dark really early there? :O like by 4.30pm it starts to get dark, and by 5pm it looks like spore's 8pm lolol.


Headed back to the BMW museum for some FOOOD :) We had some sausages (which germany is famous for) and some white chocolate tiramisu :) A must try!! It tastes SUPA GOOD!!

The boys wanted a pic with the BMW tower lolol. But fattie was freezing thus the awkward pose haha.
K thats all for part 1 of first day! LOL sry i got too many pics :X so must split into alot of posts too!!

Kays, so now i'm gonna talk abit about my style, which i'm categorizing under a Bella Stilo post , like cos everyone has different styles ma, so i thought i'll share with you guys mine:)

As most of my readers (who has been with me since the start) know, most of the time, i'm a GIRLY girl. Which means i love stuff like Florals, Lace, Pastels, Dresses and Skirts.

Something like this:





And sometimes I like to go abit androgynous or more tomboyish, so i'll pick Shorts, Darker shades, Pants, Blazers, Collared pieces and Crisp white shirts. 

Something like this:

 



Or sometimes, I feel like being louder than usual so I'll go with Prints or Neon Shades :)

Something like this:




So well i would say my style is quite versatile(it rhymes hehe!) :) As in I don't stay with one style only, I like to experiment and try out all the different trends if possible.

But one thing I'm picky about is the Cutting and whether it is Flattering, thats the MOST impt! I believe that we dress up to make ourselves look better and our OWN opinions matter the most:) I would say, stay true to yourself and don't be affected by what others say. Well like, my mum thinks i look horrible in maxi skirts,  but what the heck, i love it and im gonna wear it haha. 

Thats also why i didn't really try the peplum trend. I know the cutting is fabulous, but imo peplum tops look the nicest with shorts/pants. If paired with skirts, it''' look like office wear which is definitely not what i want. And tbh i don't look good in shorts haha, so unless i find some pants with holy moly good cutting, i'm not trying the peplum haha. So what i'm trying to say is, STAY TRUE to your style and know whats best/flattering for you:) That way you'll never be a fashion victim hahaha.

kays i dont remember why i did this fashion-y post alr, but whatever:) Hope you guys enjoy the little snippets!

Finally i had a chance to wear out this Snidel Floral Knit in pink! I know i've been oweing this review since idk when -_-

Snidel Floral Knit in Rose Pink (from Gmarket)
Wine Leather Bag (from Target, Aussie)
LB Sander Shorts in White, XS




 Review: Okay this is gonna be a short review! I've done a more detailed one here, on the material, quality, design etc! Just showing you guys how the rose pink shade looks like cos the one i reviewed previously was in green:) This shade of pink is one of my fav ones, its like mid-pink, a lovely shade of rose! And the florals for this is in white, which contrasts nicely against the pink :) Really love this knit top!<3 For those who have been asking me where i got this, i got this from gmarket, but the thing is that its oos alr! Maybe you guys can try searching for 'snidel knit' on gmarket cos thats how i found this item when i bought it last time:) Hope it helped!

Also... WILLOWFAWN has launched a new collection! Do check it out cos we have lotsa pretty stuff ^-^ Not to mention an ASOS inspired heart pocket cardi at a fraction of the original price!;)





 *pic credit to original owner

 
k bye guys:)) You can follow me on instagram @etherealpeonies cos i know i havent been updating on my blog very frequently! So you can check out my updates via instagram:)

& you guys can ask me questions here ! Note that formspring is closing down k!

No comments:

Post a Comment